Skip to content
CANDLE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- When lighting a candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 1-3 hours.
- Failure to do this will often cause "tunneling" which will limit the life of your new candle.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 1/4" before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimize soot and remove any mushrooming of carbon on the end of the wick.
- 4 hours is plenty of time to fill your home with the scents you love. Any longer and your candle may get too hot and the wick may get too long. Put that flame out and let your candle solidify before trimming and lighting again.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. This will stop the wick smoking and will help with re-lighting the next time. Please remember the candles are hand poured, not massed produced- and although every effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be a little different. When using completely natural soy wax, sometimes you may notice darker patches or "wet" spots in your container candles. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish where the wax has not adhered to the glass 100%. The top of your candle may also appear slightly uneven, this is also a sign of wax being hand poured.
- Place your candles on non-flammable, heat resistant surfaces and never leave a burning candle unattended. Also be aware that placing a hot candle on a cool surface like marble or glass may cause the vessel to crack.
- Industry standard safety measures suggest not burning any candle all the way to the bottom of the vessel, and Aladar's Sister is no different. Consider it an opportunity to give a new scent a try.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.